Assistive Care Ministry will guide you to …
1. Understand the aging process.
2. Identify the most significant needs of the aging.
3. Develop a local team within your church to serve the
aging in your community.
4. Connect the aging with community based resources
for the aging.
Will train your church to assist the aging in your
community to …
1. Remain in their own living arrangements more
2. Re-connect with the world around them as your
team engages them.
3. Remain vitally connected to the spiritual
community they have depended upon.The key word is ASSISTANCE.
Volunteer caregiverswill need to evaluate the list of practical needs and set priorities. No one can meet all the needs of an elderly person, but whatever help can be given is an “ASSIST”. ASSISTIVE CARE does not eliminate the problems of growing old. It helps to reduce those problems. No special skill is needed to be a caregiver. Time, self-discipline, and an understanding of the unique problems of old people are the main qualifications.