The Baptist Home Scholarship Criteria
The selected recipient will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
- Must be a graduating high school senior from: Arcadia Valley High School in Ironton, Chillicothe High School in Chillicothe or Ozark High School in Ozark. Students who would otherwise attend these public schools, but are currently homeschooled and will graduate from an accredited program will also be eligible to apply.
- Must have an interest in caring for the elderly: major area of study to be nursing/medical, social work, nutrition or administration.
- Must complete an essay of 2000-3000 words explaining your interest in caring for the elderly, describing your long-term goals, and sharing what you hope to learn while volunteering at The Baptist Home. Essay must be typed (double-spaced) and be grammatically correct.
- Three letters of reference will be required: Two (2) from teachers, One (1) from a community leader, such as a pastor, employer or business person.
- Deadline to complete application, essay and reference letters, March 1. Award to be announced by April 30.
- IF SELECTED TO RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP, the recipient will be required to perform 20 hours of volunteer service at one of the three The Baptist Home locations, Arcadia Valley, Chillicothe or Ozark. Contact The Baptist Home location nearest you to arrange a time to complete your hours of service. Arcadia Valley (573-546-7429), Chillicothe (660-646-6219) or Ozark (417-581-2101)
- A representative of The Baptist Home will present the award in person. With the consent of the recipient’s parent(s), The Baptist Home representative will have the photo published in area papers, TBH newsletter and posted to the TBH website.
- The issuance of any scholarship is conditioned on the completion of 20 hours of volunteer service at one of the three The Baptist Home campuses and enrollment as a full-time student (taking at least 12 credit hours per semester or term leading to a degree) at an accredited college, university or technical school located in the United States. Awarded funds will be sent directly to the school once proof of enrollment is received.
MBF Scholarship Opportunity
The Missouri Baptist Foundation is giving scholarships again this year. One is dedicated from The Baptist Home. Scholarship applications are now OPEN for submission for Missouri Baptist students interested in attending a Christian college. Deadline is March 15, 2020. Do not miss the opportunity for up to $2,000 for fall school enrollment!